Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shape Run 2008


8000 women registered within 7 days for this run....Fortunately we are able to catch up the registration yet someone just miss out~~ whole lots of fun from training till actual day....


well....we have to wake up early and I dragged another 2 who did not take part in the run wake up at 5.45am~~ thanks my dearest for sending me there.....and as usual there will be someone came late~~this time i can't scold her as she's our VP...i can't scold my boss~~ lol.....we still able to reach at Esplanade ard 6.50am.......where the crowd just started to build up....I saw lots of Greenie walking ard...


I first experienced "Mobility Washroom" that I have to figure out how to flush the toilet...lol and luckily we queued before the other gals...so everything seems good start. We had free powerbar and started to take pic like others. Well, I'm tempted to bring my camera but at last knew it will be a burden so my best and most useful gadget - my N95 with 5mega pixel and mp3!!!! So with only one device I get to call, take pic and listen to music!! How can we dun salute the person who invented it isn't it~~~after a while, we started to walk into the already crowded starting point..just imagine a huge group of women chi chatting and laughing ard....well...


Finally the MooMoo sister called and found us while the Fitness first hunks teaching the aunties/ladies warm up steps....is kinda funny when you look at all the women happily "dancing" in front of the hunks.....pardon me....then Kell0gg's cheer leaders start throwing each other up to the sky....


then finally, the 10Km started......n poor Kellogg's gals got to performance once again and here we go, the 5Km.....our plan was supposed to walk for a while for warm up....then everyone start running at the starting point, so we have to run....then when I whispering to Moo moo sister that better don look at the camera man else yr pic will be shown all year round for Shape run 2009!! and the best part, once we got near a camera man....my sensitive ears heard "chi cha" - now you on candy camera!!!!!


Amazingly for a moment while I'm running, I was able to look ard those area that we hardly see clearly while we are driving in the town.....well...just for a moment, then we started to run and seriously my mine was just blank....i only know that I should keep going and going.....the worst part is, I did not even check on the time we started and the time I had run...coz I have no idea how long had we run as no idicator showing the distance.....so i can only run and run and run....till my mind is totally blank with nothing~~~


For once I though of slowing down and just walk a fair bit...then mentally I do not allow myself to do that....and you know what....then i arrived at the finished point...clocked in @ 38mins.....not sure abt the official time but I guess the most important thing is I've tried my best...under the condition of tire, flu and lack of training~~~ I would said we had done pretty well...especially Moomoo sister who trained 8 mins for once for this run....lol..impressive!!!!


I don't want to talk abt the planning of the organizer while collecting the goodies as I guess, the run itself would have already cover that part...and I am looking forward for the coming run - GE Run on Oct. Let's train it gals!!!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com